Sierentz County - Koetzingue



The village formed part of the bailliage of Haut-Landser and this site was occupied since the Neolithic era. Koetzingue is remarkable by the number of old houses.


Old landmark of "Koetzingen"
Old landmark of "Koetzingen"


Photo Koetzingue


Built in 1862, it is dedicated to Saint Leger. One will notice there a pietà of 16th century, roman baptismal fonts and the organ of Martin Rinckenbach of 1885.


A walk throughout quadrilateral formed by the streets of Koetzingue makes it possible to admire an imposing number of old houses, well maintained and varied in their architectural design.

Come back a while, in the Main Street, and take a look at the house number 22 with its gallery. Then to take to the right, the rue de la Liberté. One will notice the farm at number 24, with independent dwelling and baker's oven; at number 19, in the right turn, a Renaissance stone house, with embossed angle stones; the houses number 14 with gallery, number 15 of 1560, called «Dorf'Hus », restored by the inhabitants and who is used as a meeting place; number 13, a stone-built house with the windows Renaissance; number 1 with gallery; and, opposite, number 2 with decoration of wheels and Saint-Andrew crosses.

At the end of the street, continue straight, by the rue du stade, to see the house number 9 from 1594.

Photo Koetzingue
Sierentz County - the villages